Monday, July 27, 2009

Projects - Return of the Volunteer Zombies

Yes, it was scary. There were sharp tools, open wounds and dull wits (not in that order and not naming names lest I incriminate myself). It sounds like the intro to an old horror film, but this was much, much worse...

We sawed and measured, then clicked and snapped the pieces of flooring in place in a race against the moonrise. The heat of the day, the sore knees and aching backs all contributed their worst in a brutal counter offensive, but we made impressive gains in spite of the onslaught against us.

Ok, enough with the metaphores... We worked hard. I could not have been happier with the the results, which is to say, to the happy satisfaction of my wife... She walks in the door and constantly repeats, "I can't believe how much this changes the house!!"

We got a lot done and I want to thank everyone for their part. I know the cost of commiting time to such things and I really can't tell you how appreciative we are.

Thank you to all! And Happy Birthday, Crystal...

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are so welcome! We love the results of these efforts and yes projects are a lot of effort!