Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Charm and Wit and Other Useless Information - 7 on Wednesday?

1)  I awoke this morning with an unusually vibrant bit of energy, so I stoked the fire and went back to bed.  When I next awoke, I went out to warm the car and thought how nice 10 degrees felt - after days of single digits.

2)  During the ride in to work I admired the ice-covered river, trying to compare the advance of the white ice against my memories of it yesterday, last winter...  ...somewhere in there I stumbled across memory lane.  While I kept the car on the road, my mind took a route that I usually reserve for "another time".  Any other time, but the present - you know those times when you wish you could travel back in time and slap yourself silly before you did or said something really dumb? 

So, I realized that I am a Repeat Idiot, a "victim" of "recurring stupidity" and vowed to share this to warn everyone that I know... ...to warn them of my frequent social ineptitude and periodic mindlessness. But then, mostly they alreay know that.

3)  Who invented the word, Wednesday?  How did they know how to spell it?

4)  My brother stopped in yesterday and I got to take a break for a vist while he ate his lunch!  It's rare to get to do those kinds of things, so I hope maybe more often sometime...

5)  My other brother, Daryll, called this afternoon and gave out a "DEBT FREE!!!" yell!!!  How awesome is that?  Do you know what that feels like?  It really is great, and after this last round of medical bills, it I am charged up to feel the yell again...  Congratulations, man!- (His real name isn't usually Daryll though...)

6)  Progress rolling into view is a wonderful thing, whether it's progress on debt or the accomplishment of a goal in a long project...  I like to recommend completing a small something to get D-O-N-E, then work on something a little bigger - It works as well in diets as budgets as it does in other long-term things.  Something about it gives a little encouragement...  ...maybe this can actually be done.  I think it's why God made DAYS a 24 hr. period - we get a new morning all fresh like dew with His lovingkindness and grace.

7)  It turns out that the density altitude at 2,500 ft. Above Sea Level and 15 degrees Farenheit is about the same density as Sea Level at 59 degrees...  (...this is sort of useful for aircraft testing when you don't want to go all the way to the coast yet.) 

7.5) I am really getting excited about Christmas.  No other time of year holds as much meaning for me.  I love the anticipation of family gatherings, warm houses and smiles, wafting smells of dinner rolls and pies and tossing little nieces and nephews and daughers around the living room like little giggling rag dolls.  My wife is probably rolling her eyes about now - I have lost more than one pair of slacks to holey knees...  "How do you DO this to all your nice pants?!!" 

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love your random thoughts!

And I can deal with your pants, I just laugh because I thought kids were suppost to put holes in jeans, and its you!

The Chad Beck's said...

ha!
You crack me up! You and Chad are so much the same on how you guys think and the things you guys think of...very random!
Hint: It's a good thing to be able to wear out your clothes before you out grow them. (;

Terah said...

So, what's your other brother, Daryll, up too?!

(:

Ryan said...

I'm swoooorn to secrecy. :-)