Monday, April 25, 2011

Real Motivation

It is increasingly apparent to me that no amount of internal or external cajoling is effective in true, personal change.  I have always believed this to one extent or another, but in an ever-increasing reality to me, the only real change that a person can hope for is found in their own personal, life-long discovery of the depths of God.

I am prompted to write this after hearing John MacArthur use the same ides as the basis of worship - the deeper the understanding of God the more intense the desire to worship and praise Him.  Worship, not merely being the sum of our musical talent on Sunday morning, is really the living of our daily lives with Him.

"With Him" is a term that I fear may be unappreciated - I mean to say that each day is taken frequently, and constantly to Him as in a conversation - un-ceasing prayer.  Constant awareness and consideration of His presence.

This, and not the persuasion of well-meaning do-gooders, ought to be the foundation of our lives.  One works from the outside in, which is impossible and terrible to live up to.  The other works from the inside out - which is real change based on the relationship with our Father in heaven.

When I remember this, I know that I truly can do all things through Christ; yet all to often, I forget and I do suffer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing hun. Back to the basics!