Saturday, September 25, 2010

D_____ If You Do If You Don't...

So, a long time ago I had a boss who was always running.  I would say that he was so ambitious and must have felt the pressure of doing things better all the time that his thoughts must have gotten scrambled before they became audible - or legible. 

I once grabbed a work order for a set of tires to be put on a white Coosco.  To my knowlege no one ever made one of those.  I figured that he meant Corsica, of which there were at least three to choose from, but I digress...

As to the title of this post, it was his rendition of the well known line... ...I have thought of it often over the years.  If you don't know the line, then just wait till you've had to work in a beuracracy, corporate or state - you'll hear it somewhere eventually.

Here is a recent story that emphasizes it even more: http://www.publicradio.org/columns/marketplace/business-news-briefs/2010/09/better_sorry_than_safe.html

It is short and sweet... ...just the way we busy people like things. 

My thoughts on the story... ...there is another saying that I have heard used, "Better to ask forgiveness than permission..."  What a sorry State of affairs.  I hope that the airline in this story finds a way to appeal - or sees fit to.

No comments: