http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33168
This morning, when I awoke, I did the normal routine headed for coffee and sat down to enjoy the fresh ground (French roasted) goodness. The girls were watching the Israelites escape Egypt through the Red Sea in the animated movie, The Prince of Egypt, and asked, "Did the water really do that?" I answered, "Yes", and they got the Bible version of the story read to them to refresh us all.
That done, my thoughts went to stories I had heard of people's finding chariot wheels in the Gulf of Aquba and a quick Internet search dredged this article up.
Whether or not the artifacts ever become evidence is perhaps irrelevant. I am a skeptic in matters concerning such things. No one will allow such things to become more than circumstantial lest it lend some credence to the Bible. I am refreshed to remember the God of the Bible, however, in such stories as this.
In Exodus, it is plain to see that God's plan from the start was meant to put the Israelites in an "impossible" position from which there was no escape, and which would convince them of His ability to save them. (And their inability… I might add…)
I wasn't planning to write of this – so I have to get ready for church in a big awful hurry!!! I hope that this is a good reminder for all of us as it has been for me!
5 comments:
pretty humbling when we find our own inabilities, isn't it? I just get to the point where I'm thinking, "ok, I get it, I am helpless, I need You" and then God shows me where I am still depending on myself rather than him. Seems to be an endless cycle with me. But I don't want Him to stop.
Craig
You shared this at small group! I have since been praying that God would put me in an "impossible" situation...I need some humbling of my own.
I haven't yet had to ask for the impossible situation... Sometimes, though, they happen. It is far better to ask for the Impossible good thing to happen...and credit God for the blessing, than to wait for Him to have to get your attention.
He has a plan. Sometimes, I still pray that the cup would pass. I feel like I am in the Garden, but not because of the greatness of the weight; rather, it is from my lack of strength. It is in those times that He gives His power. I hate my weakness, but without it I try to do things without God. How much greater it would be if I could only grasp what I know to be true, able to ask the impossible good things before I am stuck.
hey man...miss your blogs! 2 weeks? need some encouragement! = )
Post a Comment