I hear the word and think of California, Seattle or Chicago first, then I think gratefully of my own commute to work. I often wish I had a camera along – like the Lancinator – and post some beautiful pictures here now that I blog.
Think Bill Murray in that old movie, "What About Bob", I blog! I'm a blogger!.
I love to catch up with everybody – after the kiddos are in bed and things are calm. What a great deal! It just means that you all have to keep up too – and me.
Which brings me back to this morning... I can't recall a more perfect looking morning. I slept in accidentally, so the sun was out. But the river from at least where Dufort meets it, was frozen all the way across and nearly to the round house on the point. (Most of you know where I mean… for the rest that is a few miles.) This requires near or below zero temperatures and I can't recall seeing it do this so early in the season. Anyway, the sun, the snow, the ice, and, where there was open water, the steam… Remarkable.
I was energized. Mostly I was energized by the sights, but some of it was cold inside the car – it never did really warm up. Some of the excitement was also the result of trying to drive on ice while looking at the beauty of Idaho.
The coffee tasted good at work too.
3 comments:
Yeah.. I was wondering how you can take that all in, and still have your eyes on the icy roads! Busted!
Good thing you left in the dark today! I won't worry. If you heard sirens scream down Dufort as often as I do you would worry too... and yes, I am well aware that worry is a sin...........
Never said I was perfect! :)
Luv you... .and please drive safe!
{Even though you are just about the ONLY driver I trust out there on bad roads!}
I drive! I'm a driver!
ha ha...
i love driving in to work in the morning when the sun is coming up...so many times that i've wanted to stop and take the picture - but alwayz got to be at work on time - one of these dayz they won't see me on time! = )
Post a Comment