Monday, December 15, 2008

Global Warming, Er… Climate Change

Those of you whom have met me long enough to talk about the weather ought to be well aware of my opinion about the money-making, power stealing, circus formerly know as Global Warming. The last two years being cooler than predicted and the last two winters being slightly um…. …winteryererer has changed the term to "Climate Change". FYI – the "science" behind it is a little premature, even if you only believe that the Earth is 8-10,000 years. In my opinion, if the Earth is older, then the amount of data that now exists becomes even more anecdotal…


 

Based on this logic, I propose a new theory. Since last year was colder than the year before, and it looks like this winter is colder yet, let's dig up news stories from 1974 or so and generate public fear about the coming ice age. We can petition the government and universities for grants to do endless studies that propagate both our evidence and our expert opinions while paying ourselves salaries – from inside our nice, warm homes
offices laboratories. If anyone of us is smart-looking enough, we can talk about our opinions TV and how the weather will change our lives forever, unless we can find a way to get every one to stop driving SUV's. (The pollution from these vehicles is blocking the sunlight that is desperately needed to warm the Earth, and provide energy for plants, etc.) I think there could be a book deal in here somewhere too!


 

So, how 'bout it? We would have to jump on this… I see that the lack of solar activity is at its 30 year low again, so it is only going to keep warming, over the next 15 years before it cycles back downward again.


 

I just got in from bringing wood to the house. This piece started to seem a little more arid as I wrote and as my brain thawed back out. But then little humor (very little) can be a nice reprieve from time to time…


 

Seriously, I love this weather. I thank God every day it is cold like this because he has faithfully provided me with firewood from all sorts of people over the years. As I tear into the pile, I remember where that log came from and think of the friends, family, neighbors and even some that I hadn't met before who offered me wood from some pile or another or a truck to get it here. I am mildly concerned that ½ of a cord a day will leave us a little short though… J

Surf's up, dude… (Might need to add coffee to the thaw routine…)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

yeah...uh huh.

a 1/2 a cord... only if I am home by myself you mean~! At least I remembered to keep it going?!! Right?

The house didn't freeze up.. no busted pipes... just a few more ashes than needed in the fire!

Terah said...

1/2 a cord!?!

Just one more reason to be thankful for a small house, hu?(:

I wonder how much my parents are going through? I do know that they're using all 3 of their heat sources to stay toasty...maybe they're worried about running low, too!