On the way in this morning I was regretfully reminded that today is the umpteenth anniversery of Darwin's invention... Well, it wasn't really his invention, but he made it popular...
I don't have time to add much more, but I bought a copy years ago and I noticed something interesting - The full title! How odd, yet, how logical... ...favored races. Hmmm... I like the human race, thank you very much.

2 comments:
We just watched a recently released DVD titled 'Darwin: The Voyage That Shook The World' and while it wasnt hard-hitting debate, it was a really thought provoking dvd to watch. They had many scholars sharing their viewpoints, but it was presented in an interesting way with recreations & narrative as well as interviews etc. It was much less 'vicious' than a lot of creation vs evolution stuff out there, people from both sides could watch it and probably walk away knowing something they didnt know before; it seemed to me like something you could show an older youth group etc. If you see a copy, it might be worth checking out :)
I will have to check that out...
I am often willing to consider thoughtful opinions - even the ones that are opposed to my own - if only to strengthen my own thinking.
Darwin probably should get some credit for showing "micro-evolution" in the wild due to certain selection criteria and means of survival. I can think of no one who can argue against that - or wishes to.
The lie is the "macro-evolution" which is a large-scale problem for science. "Science" has since Darwin sold itself to the proposition of theories to hold up theories as opposed to truths that are explained by theories, then proven to be truths. It has become a "faith" - based solely on the interpretations of an elite few upon the proponderance of the evidence - while excluding credible scrutiny.
I do not know how to argue anyone out of their dogma - that we can only do with the help of the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth. I think we risk hurting feelings if we allow pride to enter the discussion. Still, we must be clear where truth is clear...
Post a Comment